Standing up for Kiiwetinoong
- Critic for Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation.
- Sol Mamakwa is a Kingfisher Lake band member and a resident of Sioux Lookout who speaks and understands Oji-Cree
- A fierce health advocate, Sol is Co-chair of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre and has also been actively involved with the Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority, Sioux Lookout Physicians Regional Services, and the Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- As the lead health advisor for the Nishnawbe-Aski Nation, Sol has worked alongside federal and provincial representatives to transform the way health care is delivered to the NAN territory by improving service delivery throughout the riding
- He understands the challenges communities and families face and is eager to bring the needed change for the better to the riding